Sunday, November 2, 2008

Green is the colour of my true love's eyes....

Well, ok...maybe not. But I'm certainly in love with green lately!


Green rings....earrings...necklaces and bracelets! I've outdone myself! I really love some new components I recently ordered. Bead caps that look like little blossoms leaves, victorian style ring filigrees just waiting to be formed and adorned....earthy coloured beads in wonderful shapes and sizes.

Many people think of green and think of money, a specific holiday or a favorite item. Throughout time, however, green has been the colour of healing, of balance and harmony within ourselves and in the outside world. Green is the colour of nature and the earth, of growth and renewal. It can soothe and relax the soul.


I think green appeals to me just now...as the natural world around me is shedding its green for another year. These beautiful pieces are a reminder that it is only temporary. Spring will come, the world will come alive once again...



in all its glorious shades of green...







6 comments:

Expressions By Devin said...

Those are beautiful.You did a awesome job.You have a wonderful blog and etsy shop:0)

emve said...

Beautiful jewelry!

Anonymous said...

the blog is just beautiful! thanx for stopping by Im adding your link up top

ChezChani said...

Very well written and gorgeous jewelry. I love green too, I think it may be my second favourite colour (nothing will take blue's place in my heart.)

Kim Caro said...

turquoise reminds me of my great grandparents in Pennsylvania. they were all about it. :)

emve said...

Hi! You've been tagged in my blog!

Reason to update! ;-)